Creative Food Cycles has been selected to present its activities and to organize the online workshop Circular Design for Sustainable Urban Food Systems on 14th May from 16:00 to 18:00 at the Architecture Week in Barcelona 2020.
During the event, architects and designers, experts in “food and circular design”, will discuss the most innovative and creative practices that have been developed in recent times for circular design of sustainable urban food systems and will give a demonstration of how it can be created an object designed from coffee waste. The workshop is organised in the framework of the #CreativeEuropeAtHome initiative of the European Commission, to promote digitally the cultural activities of European projects during the current context of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Thu 14 May 2020:
- 16:00 – 16:20 Food production to distribution – Creative Best Practicess (IAAC)
- 16:20 – 16:40 Food distribution to consumption – Creative Best Practices (LUH)
- 16:40 – 17:00 Food consumption to disposition – Creative Best Practices (UNIGE)
- 17:00 – 18:00 Product Design demonstration using coffee waste in your home kitchen
- Chiara Farinea (IAAC – Advanced Nature Based Solutions Expert)
- Mohamad Elatab (IAAC – Computational Design Expert)
- Jörg Schröder (LUH – CFC Principal Investigator)
- Emanuele Sommariva (LUH – Resilient Urban Metabolism Expert)
- Sabrina Sposito (LUH – Resilient Urban Metabolism Expert)
- Silvia Pericu (UNIGE – Citizen Participation and Co-creation Expert)
- Giorgia Tucci (UNIGE – Urban co-design practices Expert)
How to apply
The workshop will be held in English, and is open to the public via Zoom Conferencing. Register for free today to receive your Zoom invitation by email to the event, by filling the form at: https://iaac.net/evento-creative-food-cycles/