- Increasing integration of regional food systems as a cultural vehicle of identity, innovation, social integration and in implementing sustainable urban development
- Fostering the exchange of knowledge and best practices in the application of food/design/art interactions in Europe;
- Contributing to reducing skill-gaps and empowering new building capacities on innovative production, ICT and resilient city metabolism among architects, product and event designers;
- Enhancing audience development and participation in European urban sustainable development processes and creative food cycles in cities;
- Increasing visibility of the role of European architects, designers and performing artists in implementing creative food cycles in cities.
- Collecting and publishing the State of the art catalogue (Food Interactions) on European best practices on food/design/art interactions;
- Development of a workshop programme (Food Crossovers) in Barcelona, Hannover and Genova aimed at providing architects, designers and performing artists with skills in co-creation stages on innovative production, information and communication technologies, sharing knowledge and resilient city metabolism;
- Organization of 3 art-installations (Food Cycle in-action) in Barcelona, Hannover and Genova, experimenting citizen participation on developing a full-scale prototype to facilitate processes of social innovation and public engagement towards creative food cycles in cities.
- Co-production of an Itinerant exhibition on best practices and learned experiences to be held in Barcelona, Montpellier, Hannover, Antwerp, Genova and Bucharest;
- Organization of an International Festival as a creative and educational platform to upcycle the sense, meaning and setting values of an abandoned heritage site in Genova, as a 2 days event open to a large public, displaying projects, activities and interactions with round tables, keynote speeches, world cafés, public performances, lectures, video sessions and music shows;
- Editing and publishing a dedicated on-line Catalogue of the Festival experiences, collecting the proof of concepts, installations and selected prototypes;
- Implementation of a Final Symposium in Hannover, in order to present the project’s results wide audience of professionals, students and international experts and stakeholders, collected in specific conference proceedings;
- Development of a wide-reaching dissemination programme aimed at increasing the visibility of the role of European architects, product and event designers in implementing creative food cycles in cities.