Creative Food Cycles Online Symposium
17 – 18 September 2020 | HANNOVER, GERMANY
Leibniz Universität Hannover
How can FOOD CYCLES enhance urban resilience?
How can FOOD CYCLES become a major field for social innovation?
How can digital technologies innovate FOOD CYCLES?
Creative Food Cycles Symposium presents and discusses innovative and creative scientific contributions in the transformation of space and society for creating sustainable futures through food cultures, particularly connected to creative performances, responsive digital technologies, co-creation of change.
The Symposium is aimed at an international academic audience, exploring novel ideas, knowledge and practices in addressing the manifold linkages of food-creativity-space together with project partners, representatives of international institutions, invited experts and key-note speakers. Hence, it will establish a common ground to contribute to the debate on circular economy and collaborative cities in Europe, to implement the objectives of the EU Urban Agenda and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The Symposium will be organized in the following sessions:
1. CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES AS DRIVER FOR URBAN RESILIENCE
Fostering novel and adaptive Food Cycles as driver for future resilience in economy, society, and culture.
2. CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES AS SOCIAL INNOVATION
Extending civic participation in Food Cycles toward active engagement, new urban communities, and new models of social entrepreneurship.
3. CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES BASED ON DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES
Experimenting with interactive devices and digital protocols with a strong cultural and social impact, as an empowering force of Food Cycles.
Creative Food Cycles is a project organised by the Institute of Urban Design and Planning of Leibniz University Hannover (Germany), the Institute of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia IAAC in Barcelona (Spain), and the Department of Architecture and Design of the University of Genoa (Italy). The project is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the EU.
Register now to join the Creative Food Cycles International Symposium Online 17 – 18 September 2020!
Day One / Thu 17 September 2020:
- 12:00 _ Symposium registration
- 12:30 _ Welcome addresses
Hilde Léon, Dean of the Faculty of Architecture and Landscape Sciences (LUH)
Alice Moser, UNESCO City of Music (City Hannover)
Karin Kellner, Chamber of Architects of the State Niedersachsen
- 13:00 _ Introduction + CFC Food interaction:
Welcome format with Speakers and Symposium audience
Session 1 / CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES AS DRIVER FOR URBAN RESILIENCE
- 13:50 _ Key notes by Manuel Gausa (UNIGE) and Jörg Schröder (LUH)
- 14:20 _ 2 x inputs by scientists and designers from the CFC project,
- 14:45 _ 3 x inputs by invited speakers from the open call for contributions,
- 15:15 _ winners of the Food Cycle Interaction collection of good practices.
- 15:50 _ Key note by Slow Food Germany _ tbd
- 16:20 _ Key note by Emma Chow (Ellen MacArthur foundation)
- 16:45 _ Discussion session with all panelists, moderation: Emanuele Sommariva (LUH)
- 18:00 _ CFC Food interaction: Apero + Book launch
Presentation of Conference proceedings, moderation: Sabrina Sposito (for LUH)
Genius Session / FOOD CYCLES TRANSVERSAL INPUTS
- 18:30 _ 15 x short inputs from the open call for scientific contributions + discussion
moderation: Riccarda Cappeller (LUH), Mathilde Marengo (IAAC), Chiara Olivastri (UNIGE)
- 20:00 _ CFC Food Installation: “PorTable” project
Short input by Anna Pape, Josephine Arfsten, Julia Theis (for LUH)
Social dinner + music
Day Two / Fri 18 September 2020:
Session 2 / CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES AS SOCIAL INNOVATION
- 09:00 _ Key note by Silvia Pericu (UNIGE)
- 09:15 _ Special contribution by Raffaella Fagnoni (IUAV University of Venice)
- 09:30 _ 2 x inputs by scientists and designers from the CFC project,
- 09:50 _ 3 x inputs by invited speakers from the open call for contributions,
- 10:35 _ winners of the Food Cycle Interaction collection of good practices.
- 11:00 _ Key note by Matevž Celik (Future Architecture Platform) _ to be confirmed
- 11:20 _ Discussion session with all panelists, moderation: Chiara Farinea (IAAC)
- 12:50 _ CFC Food interaction: Lunch break + Itinerant Exhibition reports from the hosting cities
Short inputs by Mohamed Elatab (IAAC) Giorgia Tucci (UNIGE), Sabrina Sposito (for LUH)
Session 3 / CREATIVE FOOD CYCLES BASED ON DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES
- 14:00 _ Key note by Chiara Farinea (IAAC)
- 14:15 _ Special contribution by Kate Armstrong (IAAC, Foodshift EU project)
- 14:30 _ 2 x inputs by scientists and designers from the CFC project,
- 14:50 _ 3 x inputs by invited speakers from the open call for contributions,
- 15:35 _ winners of the Food Cycle Interaction collection of good practices.
- 16:15 _ Key note by Radka Ondrackova, (ReSite) _ to be confirmed
- 16:35 _ Discussion session with all panelists, moderation: Nicola Canessa (UNIGE)
- 17:30 _ Closing remarks
- 18:00 _ End of the conference
Creative Food Cycles Symposium will take place ONLINE on:
17.09.2020 12:00 – 20:00
18.09.2020 09:00 – 18:00
The web video conference is organised by Leibniz University Hannover. Further organisational updates, regarding the Conferencing platform will be communicated on this website.
The symposium is free of charge. Please register by filling the following fields or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get updates regarding the Symposium programme.
Raffaella Fagnoni, full professor of design, IUAV University of Venice (IUAV)
Chiara Farinea, Institute of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC)
Manuel Gausa, full professor of urbanism, University of Genoa (UNIGE)
Arethi Markopoulou, academic director, Institute of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC)
Silvia Pericu, University of Genoa (UNIGE)
Jörg Schröder, full professor of urbanism, Leibniz University Hannover (LUH)
Emanuele Sommariva, Leibniz University Hannover (LUH)